The HarrisX Holiday Shopping Study explores consumer behavior, attitudes, and spending habits around technology goods and services in the 2018 Holiday Season. The respondent-level dataset contains all data points for this study, including the study questionnaire and variable explanations. The dataset has over 43,000 rows (responses) and 180 columns (variables).
- The HarrisX 2018 Holiday Shopping Study was conducted online within the United States from Nov. 21 to Dec. 31, 2018.
- The study was fielded to 43,990 online respondents, with an average of 1,050 respondents per day.
- Example study variables available for analysis:
- Date and location (state)
- Key demographics, e.g. gender, age, race, region, state, education, income, etc.
- Respondent weight
- Amount of expected total holiday spending and total holiday tech spending
- Daily actual tech spending
- Preferred purchase channel and purchase location
- Actual products purchased (free-text field)
- Reasons for not shopping on Black Friday / Cyber Monday
- Brands covered in this study include: Amazon, Apple, Bose, Dell, Facebook, Fitbit, Google, HP, Hulu, LG, Microsoft, Motorola, Nest, Netflix, Ring, Roku, Samsung, Skullcandy, Sonos, Sony, Spotify.
- For questions, please contact email@example.com